With this multichannel update, the dearVR PRO 3D audio panner supports 26 multichannel output formats. Besides binaural and ambisonic outputs, the software can encode multi-channel speaker setups from 5.1, 7.1.4 up to 13.1. dearVR PRO is an excellent effect plugin for an immersive music, game, and post-production for Dolby Atmos, DTS:X or MPEG-H formats.
Updating older dearVR PRO Version
If you are a current user of dearVR PRO and jus want the update you can use the Plugin Alliance Installation Manager to update your version.
dearVR PRO Improved
dearVR PRO duly delivered on its creators’ cutting-edge vision of providing the best-sounding 3D audio technology to all kinds of next-generation audio production environments upon its original release in late 2017. Fast forward to today’s major update and V1.4.0 ensures that Dear Reality and its premier product rightfully remain at the forefront of spatial audio technology. Easily meeting all of the professional requirements for any VR (Virtual Reality) or AR (Augmented Reality) production. All surround sound specialists can continue to use the plugin in their particular workflow — whether working with a more standard 5.1 system or a more elaborate setup with more speakers.
Simply select one out of 26 different loudspeaker formats and immediately start mixing in 5.1.4 or 13.1, for instance. Want to deliver a mix in multiple formats? No problem! dearVR PRO users can easily start mixing in Binaural (2CH), TOA Ambisonics, or 7.1.4, and at a later stage export the mix in 5.1 Film, by just changing the OUTPUT FORMAT. You do not want to invest in a physical 13.1 loudspeaker setup? Choose the Binaural output to prepare the session before easily switching to the final loudspeaker format.
Virtual Height Speaker
Furthermore, users of dearVR PRO V1.4.0 can also benefit from Dear Reality’s brand-new VHSP (Virtual Height Speaker) simulation technology. This combines sophisticated room and distance simulation with groundbreaking virtual height speaker perception for flat setups. This includes 5.1 or 7.1 in an original manner. Want to deliver 7.1.4 and 7.1? Easier done than said! Start mixing in 7.1.4 using the four real height speakers. Then change the OUTPUT FORMAT to 7.1 and benefit from the virtual height simulation.
dearVR PRO Features
- 2-channel Binaural format for totally immersive playback using conventional headphones
- 4-channel first order (FOA), 9-channel second-order (SOA) or 16-channel third-order Ambisonics (TOA) output in either AmbiX or Furse Malham (FuMA) formats
- With the release of the 1.4 Update to dearVR PRO and dearVR MUSIC, you can now select from over 20+ surround sound outputs: from LCRS, 5.1, 7.1, 9.1 and all the way up to 13.1!
- The plugin’s 46 stellar virtual acoustic environments can also be used like conventional reverbs in 2D stereo mixes, doubling their usefulness for music production.
- State-of-the-art processing turns any standard mix into an immersive, true to life 3D soundscape with binaural, Ambisonic and Surround Sound playback
- All processors are contained in a single plugin allowing you to output in either 5.1 and up to 13.1 along with the standard binaural, ambisonic and stereo output options
- Position and move an object’s sound in real-time in a virtual 3D environment using a graphical XYZ pad or separate sliders for adjusting the sound’s azimuth, elevation and distance to the listener
- Adjust the size of virtual environments by balancing early reflections and reverb diffusion response; and distance of walls, ceiling, and floor to the listener
- Powerful Realtime Auralization mode continually changes the delay times and directions of arrival for early reflections as you move an object’s sound around in its virtual space
- Occlusion control realistically adjusts the sound of an object being blocked by another virtual object in the line of sight to the listener
- Separate controls scale parameter ranges for azimuth and distance to maintain perfect sync between audio and corresponding virtual objects in motion
VIRTUAL ACOUSTICS Environments
Additionally, all 46 vivid VIRTUAL ACOUSTICS environments within which dearVR PRO users can place an object’s sound have been optimized and adapted to simulate smoothly when working with all multichannel loudspeaker outputs. On top of that, all feature true-to-life 3D imaging and depth. Creatively choose from variously-sized rooms suited to the most commonplace production needs — from a small Car to a huge Cathedral. Each environment is instantly and independently recallable per plugin instance, letting users place each object’s sound in a different space. It is also possible to change the shape, dimensions, and texture of the selected space by adjusting its size, damping, balance of early reflections, and diffuse reverb.
REALTIME AURALIZATION mode allows adjustment of the distance between the listener and the four walls (LEFT, RIGHT, FRONT, and BACK), ceiling (TOP), and floor (BOTTOM) within the selected space. Moving the sound results in the delay times and directions of arrival for early reflections bouncing off those virtual boundaries being altered accordingly — just like in real-world environments. Extraordinarily, an OCCLUSION control even enables users to adjust the sound of an object being blocked by another virtual object in the line of sight to the listener!
Move the listeners around
It is also possible for dearVR PRO users to effectively place their listeners in the center of the sound. Simply drag the mouse around using the plugin’s XYZ pad to position a track’s sound anywhere in a 3D soundstage — be that behind or in front of the listener, closer, or farther away.
Also, radical performance enhancements applied to the V1.4.0 update lead to a performance increase of up to 60%, making dearVR PRO the all-in-one solution when working with large channel counts in complex situations. Saying that those performance enhancements enable users to run more instances of dearVR PRO than ever before.
The effect plugin dearVR PRO V1.4.0 is truly an advanced audio processor, allowing any multitrack session to be mixed in 3D. The powerful, fast, and intuitive interface provides all the tools that are needed to create stunning, ultra-realistic immersive 3D audio. Ask Golden Globe- and GRAMMY® Award-nominated film and classical composer, record producer, and arranger Simon Franglen. No stranger to the widening world of spatial audio himself, he happily sings its praises, putting forward the following closing comment: “It’s completely brilliant, utterly intuitive, excellent.” (Simon Franglen)
Dear Reality’s dearVR PRO is available for purchase — as an AAX Native-, AU-, VST2-, and VST3-supporting plugin for macOS (10.9 through 10.14) and Windows (7 through 10) — exclusively from distribution partner Plugin Alliance for $349.00 USD from Plugin Alliance dearVR PRO Product page (Please note that the V1.4.0 update is free for owners of dearVR PRO.)
A fully-functional, 14-day trial of dearVR PRO is available to anyone registering for a free Plugin Alliance account here. dearVR PRO is included in Plugin Alliance’s MEGA Bundle monthly and annual — subscriptions at no extra cost!