Contemporary Chinese Orchestra
From futuristic tech sprawl to ancient Daoism—China has many faces. Chinese musical culture is equally diverse, and offers countless ways to inspire and build new worlds. With Phoenix Orchestra, we give you a vibrant palette for creating authentic Chinese music—both ancient and modern—for your scores and productions.
- 21 individual instruments, 7 instrument ensembles, and 4 orchestral sections
- A wide range of Chinese instruments, including gaohu, erhu, zhonghu, guzheng, yangqin, and pipa
- Detailed solo instruments—each with characteristic articulations, swells, and ornaments
- 100% playable, with true legato
- Recorded in situ, with the players in traditional seating arrangement
- Four mic positions
Created in collaboration with composers Harry Gregson-Williams and Richard Harvey, Phoenix Orchestra is a rich and detailed celebration of Chinese musical culture.
Phoenix Orchestra presents a wide range of traditional Chinese instruments, captured in the context of a classical chamber orchestra. Explore new textures through four orchestral sections: plucked strings, bowed strings, wind instruments, and percussion. Create individual parts with 21 solo instruments, including guzheng, yangqin, erhu, zonghu, dizi, and sheng. Enhance the richness of individual parts with seven instrument ensembles, which group several players of the same instrument.
Phoenix Orchestra Specifications
- Works with Orchestral Tools’ SINE Player—NOTE: Very latest version required!
- 94.8 GB of samples (40.3 GB SINEarc compressed)
- 24 bit / 48 KHz patches
- System requirements SINE:
- Mac OS 10.13, i5, 4 GB RAM (16+ GB recommended)
- Windows 10, Intel Core i5 or similar (Windows 7 is not officially supported)
- Interfaces: VST, AU
Pricing and Availability
The Collection will be available in 6 days. Available for download on September 21, pre-order now for €299 (regular price €499). Offer ends on September 21, 2020.