Apple keeps updating their flagship Logic Pro X. Logic Pro X is one of the three DAWs that have the widest acceptance in the industry with professional or semi-professionals. With the new update Apple released additional features, content, and plugins.
With Smart Tempo in Logic Pro 10.4, record a performance without the metronome and have Logic Pro adapt the project tempo to match the tempo of the recording. Or, keep the project tempo and flex the recording to match it.
Smart Tempo includes three modes, Keep, Adapt, and Automatic:
- Use Keep mode to use the project’s tempo for syncing all tempo-related material
- Use Adapt mode to have Logic analyze and follow the tempo of a recorded performance or audio file.
- Use Automatic mode to let Logic Pro choose the mode, based on whether or not a tempo reference (such as the metronome, or another region) is in your project. When a tempo reference is present, the project tempo is maintained. When no musical tempo reference is present, the project tempo adapts to match the tempo of recorded or imported audio files.
- Undo for the Mixer and plug-ins
- ChromaVerb is a sophisticated new algorithmic reverb with a colorful, interactive interface for creating rich acoustic spaces
- Space Designer has been redesigned with a new scalable Retina-enabled interface
- Step FX adds rhythmic multi-effect processing using three powerful step sequencers and an X/Y pad
- Phat FX makes your tracks bigger and bolder using nine effects that add warmth and punch to your sounds
- The Vintage EQ Collection provides 3 accurate models of vintage analog EQs from the 1950s to the 1970s
- Mellotron is now available as a standalone instrument plug-in
- Retro Synth now offers 18 different filter models
- Studio instruments: ensemble instruments with custom articulation controls
- Two new Drummers play roots and jazz-influenced brush styles
- Two vintage brush kits for Drum Kit Designer
- More than 800 new loops in a variety of instruments and genres
- New Visions library for Alchemy adds 150 cinematic presets
- The Files Browser now allows you to bookmark locations for your favorite folders containing samples or projects
- In addition to Apple Loops, the Loop Browser now supports Untagged Loops, which can previewed in sync with project tempo and then added to a project
- A new universal design for controlling articulations provides a consistent interface for Logic and third-party instruments
- You can now undo mixer and plug-in actions.
- The Files Browser now allows you to bookmark locations for your favorite folders containing samples or projects.
- In addition to Apple Loops, the Loop Browser now supports looping audio file and can preview them in sync with project tempo.
- A new universal design for controlling articulations provides a consistent interface for Logic and third-party instruments.
- Plug-ins: The Direction Mixer plug-in has an updated interface, and offers new functionality.
- The Audio Track Editor can now be opened as a stand-alone window.
- Logic now supports the Audio Random Access (ARA) standard.
- Plug-ins: The Category and Manufacturer sections at the left side of the Plug-in Manager window now scroll independently of one another.
- Region quantization can now be set from a submenu in the contextual menu opened by right-clicking on a region.
- There is now a preference to toggle user interface animations on or off.
- There four new options for the behavior of Replace mode when recording MIDI: Region Erase, Region Punch, Content Erase, Content Punch.
- Smart Controls and Instrument plug-ins now offer a key switch view for Articulation IDs.
- Transformer, Transform Window, Environment Faders and Step Editor can now edit MIDI fader events.
- Logic now supports bouncing files as 32-bit float.
- Click-holding the Replace button in the Control Bar now brings up new options to set the behavior of replace – Content Erase, Content Punch, Region Erase and Region Punch.
- There is now an option to have Logic automatically set a new color for each newly created audio, software instrument, or external MIDI track.
- There is now an option to switch the first automation lane in a track to show the last clicked control.
- There are now Key Commands for Undo and Redo in plug-in windows.
- The File Browser and Loop Browser now show a waveform overview and playhead when previewing files and loops.
- Plug-ins: Plug-in windows offer a new Multilink mode that updates open plug-in windows per insert slot as channel strips are selected.
- Articulation symbols automatically added to the score based on their note articulation setting are colored blue in the Score.
Full Release Notes for Logic Pro 10.4 (click)