Beaotic Xt-808 Sound Library For Kontakt
XT-808 provides all the sounds and character from the legendary Roland TR-808 but with everything extended: More sounds more sound-shaping possibilities, wider parameter range. Plus of course modern features such as automation. In some ways a much more expressive instrument than the original.
Based on the legendary Roland TR-808, the Beaotic XT-808 is a sound library for Kontakt that authentically reproduces the sound of the original but adds a bunch of extra features and sonic possibilities.
- BMS (Beaotic Mapping Standard) Note and control mapping are the same across all Beaotic kits, making it possible to exchange kits along the way without thinking about note and control data.
- ROUND ROBIN in 5 layers provides a more organic sound by cycling through 5 different samples every time you hit a note. This eliminates the so-called machine gun effect.
- VELOCITY ACCENT adds 5 additional Round Robin layers for velocities at or above 85. Velocities at or below 84 hold the 5 Round Robin layers without Accent. This makes it possible to mimic the Accent on a per-note basis. The Accent slider controls the Volume on the accent layers.
- VELOCITY TO START results in a sonic expression very different from Velocity to VCA (volume). It controls the start position within each sample via Velocity. The harder you hit the note, the closer you get to the actual start of the sample.
- OSCILLATOR DRIFT is a function that adds subtle pitch randomization, very similar to the pitch drift on old analog oscillators. By using Oscillator Drift you get a more organic pitch.
- IMPACT is a powerful feature of the Bass Drums group. By adjusting Impact Level, Impact Color and/or Impact Decay it is possible to change the sounds radically.
- SNAPPY in the Snare Drums 2 group resembles that of a classic Roland drum machine, but we added Snappy Color and Snappy Decay for more flexibility and fun.
- STICK BALANCE in the Hi-hat 2 group adjusts the balance between a noisy Hi-hat and a drum stick.
- NOTE EDIT is where you make individual adjustments of Pitch, Level, Pan and Output of each notes’ sound. Pitch can be either absolute or relative to that of the group.
- HIGH SAMPLE RATE – All samples in every Beaotic kit is recorded at 96 kHz. This gives each sound a more accurate amount of overtones, notably when pitched down. Of course, it’s all recorded in 24 bit with the shortest possible signal chain.
- FREE UPDATES are included for the entire product lifetime. All accessories, templates, and guides will be developed and made available on this webpage for free as well.
The XT-808 is not a one-to-one clone of the TR-808. Obviously it does not have sequencer built-in like the original, but the XT-808 has more sounds, more controls, wider parameter range, and modern features such as automation, making it a more versatile – and in some ways a much more expressive – instrument.
Beaotic kits require the full version of Kontakt 4.2.4 or later.