Two Notes Audio Engineering and Laney Amplification have joined forces to release the “Laney Collection” DynIR Virtual Cabinets. The two companies are focused on providing musicians with high-quality, yet affordable gear that doesn’t sacrifice quality for cost. This new product will provide a variety of different virtual cabinets designed to work specifically with the Two Notes Audio Engineering software suite or in conjunction with any other recording software you might use.
15 exquisite virtual cabinets (including ones used by Tony Iommi and Killswitch Engage) empower the guitar community with legendary tone in Two notes’ proprietary DynIR format for Torpedo devices, plus they’re available through their Wall Of Sound Software.
Two notes Audio Engineering has announced a partnership with Laney to craft 15 exclusive virtual cabinets. These sound machines will be available for purchase soon and they’re perfect if you want the classic British tone but don’t have any amps!
The Laney Collection is a virtual cabinet collection that perfectly replicates the incredible tone and response of some of today’s most sought-after guitar gear.
The British amplifier industry has been one of the most well-known and reputable in music since its inception. Since 1967 Laney has cemented their place as providers to this worthy cause, crafting amps with the incredible response that can withstand any challenge thrown at them – even if it means death or taxes! They are known for their rich history in British amplifier manufacturing with the company starting out back when it was just three men working to provide amplifiers during World War II’s Blitz era – they’ve been fighting ever since!
The Laney name is one that has come to represent power, quality and crushing clarity of gain. This company was designed for musicians by other ones who know what it’s like in the kit or behinds-the-scenes so they could deliver an amazing product with unparalleled performance capabilities at every turn!
Laney Amplifiers is a family business with an artist roster that includes Tony Iommi, Lari Basilio and many others. Their tone has been as prolific in quality for excellence since their beginning.
The Laney Collection
Exquisitely captured at HopePole studio, Manchester UK the all-new Laney DynIR virtual cabinets are a must-have for any tone chaser. Offering uncompromising captures of some of the industry’s most revered guitar and bass cabinets with pristine clarity these high-quality products will make your life much easier when it comes down to editing or mixing!
Cabinets included in this release:
10 Guitar Cabinets:
- Laney Cub112: Open back H/H® speakers 1 x 12” Woofer H1265
- Laney Cub212: Open back H/H® speakers 2 x 12” Woofer H1265
- Laney GS212IE: Closed back H/H® speakers 2 x 12” Woofer H1280
- Laney GS412IA: Closed back H/H® speakers 4 x 12” Woofer H1280
- Laney L20T-212: Open back Celestion® G12H70th Anniversary + Celestion® Vintage 30
- Laney LT212: (Killswitch Engage owned cab and used extensively in the studio and on tour) Closed back Celestion® G12H 70th Anniversary speakers
- Laney LA212: Closed back Celestion® G12M-25 Greenback speakers
- Laney LA412: Closed back Celestion® G12H 75 speakers
- Laney TI412S: Closed back Celestion® G12H 75 M (90’s Tony Iommi owned cab and used
- extensively in the studio and on tour)
- Laney Original LA412: (Late 69/70’s cab as used by Tony Iommi to record the early Black Sabbath
- releases) – Closed back 4 x Green label Goodmans®
5 Bass Cabinets (all from the DigBeth range):
- Laney DBV212: H/H® Speakers Black Series
- Laney DBV212: Miked on Tweeter
- Laney DBV410: H/H® Speakers Black Series
- Laney DBV410: Miked on Tweeter
- Laney DBV 810: H/H® Speakers Black Series
All 15 cabinets have been meticulously captured with a selection of industry-standard microphones including the Shure SM57®, Sennheiser® MD421, Royer® R121, AKG® C414, Neuman® KM184, Aston® Origin, AKG® D112, Shure® SM7b, Beyerdynamic® M160, Shure® SM7b, AKG® D112 and Shure® Beta 52A. The entire DynIR collection was captured through BBC® AM7/13 preamps via an Audient® ASP880.
Pricing and Availability
The Laney Collection is available now.