The Lobby Piano a sound set for Omnisphere 2.5 Review
The Lobby Piano is an examination of what a piano can be varying from innovative playing techniques to effectively reshaped tone examinations. It is not a piano anymore you receive a collection of beneficial Omnisphere 2.5 patches with exceptional good sounding Atmos, Texture, Arp, Pads, Keys and more. Ready for your next composition task on hand.
The company Man Makes Noise behind The Lobby Piano did send a review copy with no strings attached.
You download the package, unpack it and install the included file with the help of Omnisphere. The Lobby Piano requires Omnisphere 2.5.
The Lobby Piano is not a pure piano library, this sound set it covers your atmospheric dark needs and it is right in the top quality corner for available sound collections for Omnisphere 2.5 or other sampler and synths.
Composer and sound designer Tapsa Kuusniemi recorded sounds from an individual piano with an assortment of conventional and unique techniques and devices (hammer, a keychain, and other items). All to produce a designed piano with a huge collection of different sounds.
The Lobby Piano is split into 13 sections: Alarms (7), Arps (22), Atmospheres (16), Basic Piano Sounds (10), Basses (10), Designed (8), FX (10), Hits (8), Keys (43), Pads (35), Percussion (20), Pulses (6), Synth (5)
- ALARMS – 7 -Scream type of sounds.
- ARPS – 22 – Tonal and rhythmic movements
- ATMOSPHERES – 16 – Tonal long ambient sounds.
- BASIC PIANO SOUNDS – 10 – Single sound source instruments displaying the variety of recorded sounds.
- BASSES – 10 – Low-end stuff.
- DESIGNED – 8 – Piano + another sound combined into designed instruments.
- FX – 10 – Non-tonal sounds go here. Most of the riser sounds are controlled by the mod wheel to allow you to create the length of the riser as it suits you
- HITS – 8 – Big hits
- KEYS – 43 – Layered keyboard sounds
- PADS – 35 – Long tonal pads
- PERCUSSIONS – 20 – Percussive loops and instruments
- PULSES – 6 -Rhythmic pulsing elements
- SYNTHS – 5 – Here are sounds that started as a piano, but were transformed into synth sounds outside of Omnisphere and then brought back for further mangling.
The library is exceptional, it doesn’t sound like other sound sets you find very often for Omnisphere 2.5.