Table of Contents
Elysion The Hybrid Twin Of The Orchestra
Elysion is produced to expand the range of Sonuscore & Best Service library The Orchestra with hybrid sounds and the well-known Orchestra engine. “Elysion” was developed for Best Service by Sonuscore / Dynamedion, the makers of The Orchestra, Trinity Drums as well as NI Action Strings, Action Strikes and Emotive Strings.
Powerful Features – Excellent Workflow
- Samples Synthesized Instruments – Up to 3 Round Robins and 5 Velocity Layers deepen the dynamic of our carefully handcrafted synthesized instruments, providing an extreme expressiveness: Every layer is carefully designed to correspond and even outdo to the immense liveliness of real instruments in timbre, impact and intensity.
- Ensemble Engine 2.0 – For Elysion we reworked our critically acclaimed ensemble engine, which lets you play and customize up to five instrument modules simultaneously. Within every module, you are now free to control it via envelope or arpeggiator. You can now even morph between two Layers in both the Arpeggiator and the Envelope, which lets you control up to 10 interleaved rhythms within one patch. An additional stutter feature enriches the possibilities of our Envelopes even more and lets you create extremely complex rhythms by only using sustained instruments.
- Motion Engine – Elysion comes with its own unique dynamic FX engine. It allows us to customize the instruments fundamentally, steering e.g. attack or decay via Midi CC. Besides other FX the Motion Engine includes also two Pan Steppers, breathing live and variation into every pattern in no time.
For customers who own “The Orchestra”, “String of Winter” or “The Orchestra Complete” there is an attractive crossgrade available. Best Service did send a review copy with no strings attached.
Test Elysion Online
Best Service has launched an online version of Elysion for testing on Try Sound. Look for the “PLAY” button and click it.
When first announced many composers and producers assumed that the content was recycled from The Orchestra Library. The opposite is true. At its core, the sound of Elysion is based on hand-made prepared and synthesized. Sonuscore treated the sound during recording and in the post similar to recording of acoustic instruments.
- Sampled Synthetic Instruments, containing up to 3 Round Robins and 5 Velocity Layers
- Refined Ensemble Engine 2.0 with new, powerful functionalities
- Unique Motion Engine allowing fundamental customizations
- Massive hybrid twin of THE ORCHESTRA for a new level of cinematic composing
- Over 230 complex animated and fully customizable themes, featuring up to 5 fully controllable instruments
- Over 142 instantly playable hybrid organic instruments
- Works with the FREE KONTAKT PLAYER / KONTAKT Version 6.1.1 or higher
- At least 13GB of free hard disc space
- 12500+ individual samples. All carefully recorded, sampled and handcrafted
- MIDI-Export: Unleash the power of the ensemble engine onto your personal template
As the synths and sounds have been treated as real instruments you get the benefits of instruments when playing Elysion patches. The playability is real and the arrangement possibilities with The Orchestra do help a lot when sketching a track.
Ensemble and Motion Engine
Elysion’s uniqueness is rooted in the completely original Sonuscore’s enormous 5-part engine. The same engine used in The Orchestra and Mallet Flux. You want to start by using the presets and after your first touch start to customize the sound to make it truly yours. A composer can create their own pads, rhythms and arrangements and save them as a user presets. A composer who is using The Orchestra will feel at home at the start of their journey. The resulting sounds are compact and pulsating compositions that are not prefabricated. Playing notes and chords on a keyboard result variations of the arpeggiators. Elysion is positively easy to perform resulting in rhythmic and extremely diverse sound movements.
There are plenty of effects, settings and mixing functions. Elysion offers 142 instruments and 230 themes (ensembles) driven by more than 12000 samples.
The included MOTION ENGINE that joins movement and depth to the performed themes. When you activate the motion button the linked parameter is further managed and fine-tuned with the mod wheel.
Composer Benny Oschmann
Composer Benny Oschmann made the walkthrough below dissecting his magnificent musical piece “The Milky Way Express”. Benny’s example is useful as it shows how you can combine different libraries and how Elysion fits into a mix.
Once you have been inspired by a theme, drag and drop the arrangement of your performance to your DAW. Now you are free to use it within every library you own. MIDI Export supported by simply drag and drop the MIDI data from the library into your favorite DAW. You can change the notes and rhythms for each exported clip later. These MIDI files can then be used with other Kontakt Libraries or Synth instruments. Leverage the produced MIDI sequences from Elysion’s ensemble engine. You can modify notes, merge various patterns combine Elysion and The Orchestra merged in the DAW.
Planets – Our Solar System
- Mercury „The Nimble Racer“ —> Animated, Lively, Diverse
- Venus „The Soulful“ —> Inspired, Tranquil, Emotional
- Terra „Source Of Live“ —> Earthly, Familiar, Intimate
- Mars „The Warmonger“ —> Aggressive, Powerful, Violent
- Jupiter „Illusionary Giant“ —> Contentful, Pleasant, Funny
- Saturn „The Guardian“ —> Wise, Stable, Melancholic
- Uranus „The Magician“ —> Enchanted, Shining, Wonderful
- Neptune „The Planet Of Ice“ —> Mysterious, Sinister, Obscure
Rating: Five Out of Five Stars
Elysion is another addition to the “The Orchestra” Universe. Sonuscore joined by Best Sevices addresses with Elysion the open space between orchestral and synthesizer sound and vibe. The character, tone and presets included are easy to use as they are or can be customized fitting seamlessly into any context. When you combine and mix tracks from Elysionit fit very well with other libraries.
Special features that patterns created with Elysion can be transferred by using MIDI to your DAW are key benefits of Elysion and the whole Orchestra product line up. There are many other Kontakt libraries where I wished this Elysion feature would be included to ease the task of a composer. Elysion combined or standalone with The Orchestra Complete is an absolutely excellent comprehensive ensemble full of organic and synthetic sounds. Elysion waits for you – ready-to-play.