Toontrack Superior Drummer 3 Review and Tutorial
ToonTrack Superior Drummer 3 is the future of drum production. It is the perfect drummer. In this demo, we show you how to use Superior Drummer.
Way more than a sound library, Superior Drummer 3 gives you streamlined workflow and countless features for amazing drum production right in your computer.
The fully loaded feature list of Superior Drummer 3 includes:
• In excess of 230 GB of raw, unprocessed sounds in 44.1 kHz/24 bit
• Recorded with an additional eleven separate room microphones set up in a surround configuration for a complete immersive experience
• Playback in stereo or up to 11-channel surround systems
• Approx. 350 vintage and classic drum machine sounds
• New and improved scalable interface with detachable windows
• Edit Play Style, Tap2Find, Song Creator and Song Track features as well as improved workflow and search functionality
• Built-in MIDI grid editor
• DAW automation for built-in macro controls
• Support for keyboard shortcuts
Superior Drummer 3 is, at its core, a dedicated percussion DAW. Step into your own virtual studio and have the best sounding samples at your fingertips. It is way more than just a drum sampler.
Recorded by award winning engineer George Massenburg, the Superior Drummer 3 sound library features more than 230 GB of raw sound with a ton of detail. Use up to 11 room microphones for a truly surround sound experience.
The sheer amount of samples is very appealing.
Here is come more spec about the sounds:
• Seven (7) kits
• Tom shell dimensions cover ranges from 6” to 20”
• Optional tool selection available on select kits and instruments (sticks, brushes, rods, felt mallets)
• Optional drum head selection available on select kits and instruments
• Approx. 350 electronic drum sounds, sampled from vintage and classic drum machines
• 25 unique acoustic snares, 35 recorded configurations
• 16 unique acoustic kicks, 27 different recorded configuration
The integration with e drum kits is remarkable and lets you fine tune your e kit sound with optimized velocity response.
The design of the software lets you create quick custom beats or to deep dive into timing and velocity with never having to leave the program. It includes multiple song tracks, a grid editor, and time and tempo editor.
Use the included tracker to convert drum audio into MIDI for precise timing. Superior Drummer 3 also includes 35 different effects and a dedicated DAW style of GUI, making it easy to route, bus, send, saturate, etc.
Superior Drummer 3 is an excellent piece of software. Remember, it is more than just a drum sampler. With over 230GB of samples, an intuitive, unique DAW, and e drum integration, it really is the future of drum production.